Godot Tutorial: How to read all files in EVERY sub directory (Breadth/Depth first Search)

Godot Tutorial: How to read all files in EVERY sub directory (Breadth/Depth first Search)


   



Hey all,

So I was thinking of writing some automated smoke tests in Godot for a project I'm working on and I realized, I don't think I've ever done directory I/O in Godot.

- The tools is so well integrated that I've never really had to mess with it yet.
- I'm willing to bet many of you guys haven't either.
- Don't worry it's easy, lets get into it.


You'll learn:

- How to read all files in a directory to process however you'd like
- How to use Depth First Search
- How to use Breadth First Search
- The order that both search styles will traverse a tree


Code From Tutorial:

How to use:
- Create a "Node" type of Godot Node
   - Note in Video I used Node2D which is OK, but slighly better to use plain Node since no 2D coords etc are needed
- Attach this script to that Node:

https://gist.github.com/Razzlegames/28dcb74bae01a41843276b7a0252272e

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a Fake Refraction, Bubble Shader for your 2D Godot Game!

Development on Android NDK Tutorial - Gluing C++ Native Code to Java

How to render Parallax Background and Foreground Layers Completely in the Shader [Tutorial]